Summertime Berry Tart
Summer is finally on the horizon and that means that it's time to start rolling out the summer recipes! I discovered this delish dish while visiting a friends' place and I needed to try my hand in making it immediately. Although I changed up the original recipe a bit, the ingredients are simple & live minimal room for error - aka my kinda recipe. I used a mix of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, but feel free to use any kind of berry that your heart desires!
Ingredients: 1 frozen pie crust- 3 cups mixed berries (frozen or fresh)- 1/4 cup sugar- 2 tbsp. lemon juice- 1 tbsp. lemon zest- 1 tbsp. flour
Prep time: 5 minutes - Cook time: 35-40 minutes - Total Time: 40-45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix berries, sugar, lemon juice, 3/4 of lemon zest, & flout. Stir until well combined.
3. Place the berry mixture in the center of the pie crust, then spread out to edges. Sprinkle remaining lemon zest on top of pie mixture.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until pie crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
5. Serve immediately & enjoy!
This berry tart makes a great addition to any brunch, BBQ, or picnic spread! What's your favorite summertime dessert?