Arugula, Tomato, & Mozzarella Salad
As the weather is finally starting to warm up, it's a stark reminder that bathing suit season is around the corner - which means it's time to scale back on the pizza nights. Eating light doesn't meant that a meal has to be devoid of taste. Salads are an easy way to combine veggies & protein and can easily be thrown together to create a tasty dish.
Try this Arugula, Tomato, & Mozzarella Salad recipe on for size...
- 2 oz. baby arugula, washed
- 2 oz. ovalini mozzarella
- 4 0z. Tilapia fillet
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes -- Cook time: 20 minutes -- Total time: 25 minutes
1. Fill a small saucepan 1/2 full with water. Bring to a boil, add egg, cover, and reduce to a rapid simmer. Cook for 7 minutes. Remove the egg from the pot & run under cold water for 30 seconds. Peel and set aside.
2. While egg is boiling, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add tilapia, season to taste with salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper (optional). Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
3. In a large bowl, add arugula, tomato, & mozzarella. Season with salt & pepper & drizzle with the rest of the olive oil.
4. Top with pan-seared tilapia, balsamic glaze, & soft-boiled egg.
Pairs well with a glass of chardonnay - enjoy!