Corned Beef & Cabbage Rolls
No St. Patrick's Day is complete without a little corned beef & cabbage! A traditional corned beef & cabbage entree is a hearty, rib-sticking meal, but since I'm working on my summer beach body - ain't nobody got time for that.
This Corned Beef & Cabbage Rolls recipe brings together all of the elements of the staple, festive dish, while still being waistline friendly...
- 8 oz. sliced corned beef
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 8 savoy cabbage leaves
- 1/4 white onion, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 20 minutes - Cook time: 45 minutes - Total time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a large pot with water, sliced onion, diced garlic, potatoes, and salt & pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes.
2. Remove potatoes from the pot. In a medium sized bowl, mash potatoes with egg, salt, and pepper.
5. Roll up the lettuce leaf lengthwise and place seam side down into a roasting pan.
6. Cover the pan lightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Serve while warm with mustard or horseradish sauce.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!