Aside from being a trendy superfood, avocados are also just flat out delicious. They're a staple in my fridge & SO easy to throw into any dish to add a bit of flair. This recipe creates a creamy avocado sauce in a low fat way - talk about a win-win!
The next time you're in a pinch for some dinner inspiration - give this Avocado Pasta recipe one a whirl...
- 6 oz. spaghetti (about 1/2 box)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, & peeled
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes
1. In a pot of boiling water, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and cook pasta for 10 minutes - or until al dente. Stir pasta occasionally, to prevent sticking.
2. While pasta is boiling, combine avocado, garlic cloves, jalapeno, lemon juice, and salt & pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend well - while slowly adding olive oil - until the mixture has a sauce-like consistency.
4. Serve immediately & enjoy!
I topped my avocado pasta with a pan-seared tilapia fillet for some added protein! One of the great things about this recipe is that it can easily be modified to fit your palette.